Tuesday, June 24, 2008

it's amazing, it truly is!

3 years ago we moved into our home, and I noticed immediately that we had no recycling bin. I was upset that I had left one at the old house (like I was supposed to), and I knew if I called that I could get one delivered to me at the new house. I enjoyed recycling I really did. So I called the 2nd month we were in the house (unpacking got the better of me). They told me, "it will take a couple of weeks, but we'll get one delivered."

Great! The next month, I called back. Same answer. The month after that...I called again, same answer. 6 months of trying, even offering to come pick one up. Nope, only on the trucks. Okay. No bin for us.

I lived without my recycling bin for over 3 years, but today...OH today, I caught the truck and asked if I could have a bin. PRETTY PLEASE?! He asked, "Did you call and request one?"

"Yes, 3 years ago for 6 months straight and we NEVER got it."

He replied, looking quite shocked actually, "well, let me see if I have one you can have."

Then a blessed blue box that appeared with his sheepish looking face, "It's not a new one, but you can have it if you want."

OH BOY did I ever! That dirty grimy blue box IS mine. So what if it has lettering for the next town over? LOL I can proudly recycle again. If I can remember what all you can recycle that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took you THAT long to get a bin! In both houses we've had, we got them in the first week!

Crazy!

Jody said...

LOL glad you finally got one after that long of a wait LOL.