Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Day 3 - Jamestown

We were headed back to "snoresville" as JM said after an exciting day at Busch Gardens. I think he was pleasantly surprised at how interesting Jamestown was. He enjoyed it, as did the little kids.

First, we walked to the historic area....it was a rather "long" walk to Katie. ;)


JM was a HUGE help this vacation by being able to carry a backpack!



Once we got down to the dock and the ships, I had the responsibility of watching Samuel (making sure he didn't go into the water). ;)


He loved the dock!


JM got to try his hand at steering, and found it was rather more difficult than the thought.

Um...Samuel?! SAMUEL!!!! Oh yeah, I was supposed to be watching him. ;) He was looking to see if he could see the rutter. *wrong end buddy* Yes, we did get on to him, and no he did not fall into the water. Scared us a little though. It was a foreshadowing of our trip in DC though. I now officially have a few more gray hairs.


Safely back on land, the boys learn about how to carve out a canoe.


They then tried their hand at rowing a canoe...yes, on dry land. We learned that these canoes could be walked in without capsizing though. JM would like to do this a as a school project. We tried explaining to him that it was a LONG process. He is convinced we can do it. I think we'll wait a few months at least!



1 comment:

M-A said...

I could look at your pictures all day!


I think mine *would* end up in the water LOL