Sunday, June 29, 2008

1 year ago

we were LOI for Katie. It took us another 5.5 months before we would travel. I remember those days of excitement, those first days of gazing in wonder and awe at Katie's photos. I never would have thought it would take 5.5 months before we would travel. I wonder what she was doing 1 year ago. I think about that, and I think about what her foster Mom was doing. When was her foster Mom told that she was being adopted?

I wonder what her foster Mom is doing this year? Does she have another foster child? Does she think about Katie? I'm sure she must. Katie was obviously well loved and taken care of. I remember how hard it was during those 5.5 months to think about Katie and not know how she was doing, not knowing what her smile looked like, how her voice sounded, how big she was, how big her foot was....just minor details that a parent should know about their child...but yet I did not know them. I think about her foster mom feeling those feelings now, and I wonder if her first mom/birth mom has those thoughts as well.

So, 1 year ago today, China knew we wanted to be matched with Katie and her joining our family was officially started on it's journey.

(photos from a few days ago....I just love her personality)

4 comments:

BBB said...

What a CHEESE BALL!!! Gosh she's living up to the name!!!

Jody said...

She is just too cute :D (ok so there really is no way to be too cute is there? LOL) What a great story you have!

Anonymous said...

I would have had a hard time waiting... I tend to be impatient. I would have wanted her in my arms RIGHT THEN!!!

She sure is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Can she grow up ANY FASTER??? Hey, ;-) It only gets better!