Monday, January 05, 2009

Would you be interested?

As I know many of you out there in bloggy land got a new camera recently, with new lenses...and are attempting the Manual settings, would you be interested in a series of posts with photos showing the relationships between Aperture/SS/ISO in equivalent exposures? How they affect things.

A post or so on shooting wide open, on which lenses are good for what, etc.?

See, I'm studying right now for my CPP exam and I'm having to make sure I know this stuff forward and backward. REALLY FORWARD AND BACKWARD.

I can also run over some Photoshop techniques if you like as well, I do not know anything about Elements anymore, so I would need someone familiar with it and photoshop to help me out if you needed specific help with Elements. But I can explain/show why Unsharp Mask filters are good, why you should not just rely on one method for turning a photo to black and white, what a good curves and levels adjustment layers will do for you, and using MASKS.

I will need to go over all this soon for myself, and redo actions and redo workflows as I just upgraded to CS4 from CS2 and I know not all my plug-ins, actions, etc. will work.

What is the CPP exam? Click that and find out! :) It's TOUGH. Very tough. If I pass the written test, then I have to pass the image submission part.

I could not do any client photos here, but I can do the kids. :) Everyday life things, to portraits...

10 comments:

Denise said...

I would love some help, but I need the very basics, so what you might share will probably be waaaay over my head. But I am willing to try!

Wife of the Pres. said...

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! Can you hear me shouting from due north?!? TO BOTH!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

mommy24treasures said...

I would love to learn anything you are willing to share!

Ashia said...

i'm with denise. to me, you just spoke a new language. =) i need to keep reading my book of basics to understand more, i think. but it sounds like a great idea! hope your test goes good!! yikes!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I would love some tips! Your pics always look so sharp and clear. I just can't figure out how you do it!!

Monica

Kristy said...

Good luck on your test!!!
Love, Kristy

Amber Schmidt said...

Kudos to you on the CPP .... I have thought several times about taking it but just keep putting it off! LOL

Cheri said...

You know I'm in! I'm with Denise, I'm sure your a great teacher and we will have no problems!

CalvaryGirl said...

I'd love to read anything about Photoshop! I'm using CS2 now and realize there's still so much to learn.

Wendy
My Blog

Tam said...

I am so clueless. UP until LAST APRIL I was a hold out with film...and then I went to a easy point and shoot digital. SO yeah I will stalk you for information like that...but keep it easy to follow for people like me that does not have a clue. LOL