Friday, January 30, 2009

Sometimes they do love each other


Samuel and Katie have a love-hate relationship. It's a true sibling relationship these days, and a healthy one. You know, the kind where Samuel is with me downstairs, Katie cries out and comes downstairs because she "fell" or something. She comes up to me and says, "Sha-mule make me fall." You know...THAT kind of relationship?! LOL

The other night, when it was time for bedtime activities and she didn't want to sit with me. She wanted to sit with Sha-mule in his chair, and share his blanket. She happily sat there with him...and rocked. Sha-mule didn't want to be rocking. Katie probably knew this, she wanted to rock. But they did behave together.

Except I told Samuel to come sit next to me when it was obvious he did NOT want to rock anymore and Katie refused to stop, and Katie screamed out, "NO!!! My Mama." Then she climbed down, ran over to me and wanted in my lap. Once in my lap she started pushing at Samuel to get away, then started maneuvering to where she was going to sit between us. I stopped her and told her that BOTH of them were welcome to sit with me, that I loved them both equally. She MUST share with Samuel just like he MUST share with her.

I got the evil eye. But she complied.

Baby steps...it's all baby steps.

4 comments:

BBB said...

Yeah for typical sibling relationships!!!

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Your boy is 6? My son is 6 and daughter 2.5 and you are describing my house! LOL!!

LucisMomma said...

I love the picture on the stairway; it's perfect.

Katie's helping you out isn't your cup of tea?! Don't see why not. lol! That post is hilarious, and Luci about a year and a half ago.

Love this post about Samuel and Katie. It describes JT and Luci exactly. The other day, they were scrapping at someone's house and the other mom was getting upset (I wasn't doing anything to stop it)...I said, "don't worry, she's not adopted anymore. She's a real sister."

Elizabeth Channel said...

Yeah! They look so happy together!