Monday, January 12, 2009

Post-Holiday slump

I think I'm in that dreaded Post-Holiday slump. Or it's that life finally slowed down some and my mind and body are saying "HEY let's just sit around and do nothing all day." Or rather, "let's fall asleep just about every chance you can get to sit down."

Except at Mid-night when the insomnia kicks in.

Yeah. Which is sort of helping as I'm buried neck deep in business related stuff, homeschooling related stuff, cleaning related stuff, unpacking (yes still) the various things in the house, and general life. I'm so buried that I'm just not wanting to take photos of the kids. I even failed at the 52 week challenge. 2nd week and I failed at it.

Or, you know, this whole slump could be caused by drastically cutting back on the whole caffeine thing.

10 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I think its the yucky winter blues.

Tam said...

Girl I am so right there with you on this post...Slump...holiday Hangover or just dealing with this funky Savannah weather we have is enough to put us in a slump.

bbmomof2boys said...

ummm...yeah - caffine thing - I hear you completely!!

Hugs,
Carla

Jboo said...

I think January is always a slumpy month -- it just take forever to get over with! Thank goodness for sweet, short February! Am I the only one who still have Christmas decorations up??

Janet

Carla said...

Lizzy...yes, I'm excited about fun portraits in unique locations! :) It's just the ones of the kids, and the battles I get from that when I attempt it.

LOL I'm not publishing your actual comment due to possibilities of people finding out where I live.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Ouch. That is the sound of conviction. Although I can also blame mine on a cold. Which continues to linger.

Karen said...

I think it's the post holiday blues...or winter blues.. your not alone... I can relate

Cheri said...

I'll call your the post holiday blues and mine the winter blues! LOL ;) I feel like a hermit and there are somedays I really just NEED to get out of my jammies. Maybe if I didn't have so much pain! Im there with you.

Saving The Day said...

I could have written this post. I'm glad to hear I'm in good company! My sleep pattern is so messed up right now ... I'll be dead tired by 6pm but I'll wait until after 9pm to go to bed ... then I lay there until 1am *wishing* I could actually fall asleep. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I so hear you! ... I think my problem is that once Christmas is over, I was spring to be here NOW... Only, winter has just begun. *lol*