Sunday, January 04, 2009

It's day 4 and I've already failed.

At the 365 Photo Challenge that is. I figured I would, so my back up was a 52 week challenge. 1 photo a week taken and posted. 52 times. It's my goal, and I'm posting it here, that I do this in an effort to become better at my craft. To develop more. Personally, I'm going to to try for the photojournalistic viewpoint. TRY being the operative word there.

Someone once told me that I should attempt to capture the moment in 1 photograph, and to concentrate on it by ONLY allowing yourself to take 3 images of the "event/moment" total. For an overshooter that is going to be tough. I think I went over tonight, but honestly, I did my 3 "shots" and then played with my normal shooting style to get Katie's "CHEESE" yet again. It's just too cute.

Here is Week 1 -



Only thing is I feel like it needs a title, any suggestions?

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Absolutely no ideas on the title, but I love this idea -- 52 photos, huh? Sounds much more doable. I may join you.

Anonymous said...

I've tried to take a picture a day before, but I never could do it. There are just some days that I totally space it off. *sigh*

BBB said...

"Just Like the Big Kids"

That's what I would call it :)

1 picture? Of each event? Um.. what's the point of a digital camera then?

I'm hoping to break mine out soon!!!

Carla said...

Yeah, I spaced out on 3 full days! LOL One a week sounds good to me.

The 1 picture thing applies to photojournalist style. Newspapers pretty much only cover a story in one photo, a photo that tells the entire story. So, to photograph in that style, you strive for only one photo that truly captures that "event" or "moment"...and then I'm going to shoot how I normally would and get more! :)

I think of it like taking a single photo for a single scrapbook page. Could I tell/show that moment scrapping with that ONE photo. This one, yes I could. :)

Cheri said...

Great picture of her getting down to buisness! I think the 52 photos sound much more practicle than the 365. I love the idea! :)