I went shopping this past week with some Birthday money (that I got from my sis a wee bit late). I was happily in the craft store browsing, when I noticed something. It didn't seem quite right. It was JULY.
I saw Christmas ornaments. I saw stocking holders. I saw Christmas crafts (which I could almost believe). I saw Christmas TREES.
It was enough to make me almost want to boycott the store. July wasn't even over. Much less SUMMER. What ever happened to waiting until after Halloween? Huh? Now, granted, I do start planning Christmas during the summer. But to see it in stores was a bit much.
So, in that respect, who else is planning their Christmas card photo already? I'm trying to decide if I do the family on the beach photo or try for a fun one of the kids. I'm drawn to "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" as the "theme" of it, which doesn't quite fit in with the family beach photo. That would be more like "Wishing warm thoughts this Holiday season" greeting. I did the brown/blue outfits last year. The year prior was pajamas. I've done JOY, and Ho-Ho-Ho, and smiling through a wreath. I've done ornaments. I've not done Christmas lights though.
Do I want silly or serious?
Then, my lists of gifts to purchase for people. I think I better start making lists for the kids so I have time to shop for their gifts without them around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I DEFINTELY will be doing something North Carolinaish for our pictures...
I always love a good "non" serious picture...
Speaking of pics - how did those wedding pics turn out??
seriously if you are making a zillion crafts to give as Christmas presents, you need to start buying your stuff now.
Christmas photo
yeah I've been thinking about it but I have no idea what I am going to do this year
:)
I know! The Tongginator and I were at the mall today (my favorite place to be - NOT) and I saw the store A Christmas To Remember already open for business! School hasn't even started yet!!!!!
LOL! You could take them to the craft store and have them pose in front of their Christmas display--then you won't have to worry about the background! :)
Yeah - it's rough to see Christmas out so early.
I've started making lists as well and we're slowly getting our lists rounded so I can keep my eyes out for sales and such.
As for the picture? LOL not a clue yet.
eeeek!!! How can you even type Christmas in the summer heat??!! Commercialism is getting worse -that's for sure. One of the things I dislike the most (and Christmas is my favorite time of year) is when all the stores start coming decorating for Christmas earlier and earlier each year and then, THEN they say "Happy Holidays". Hmmm....
Oh girl - I had better get off my soap box! Christmas photo? This year will be so much fun!! I have no clue what I'm going to do - need some inspiration over here!
Hugs,
Carla
Girl... I about died when I saw the Christmas trees going up!!!!! Its crazy!
Post a Comment