9. Croquet at my parents house. I "rocked"...oh yes I did! It was on a hill, a very steep hill. Our goal was to hit the ball through as many "arches" as possible. Best solution? Line up the arches with less than 3 inches between them, pointing STRAIGHT down the hill. Set up little brother at the bottom to catch the ball. Hit the ball through the first arch. BINGO! You win. ;)
8. Frisbee. Yes I can throw a frisbee, almost as well as I can hula hoop. If you want to play with me, the only skills you will really need is to have a GREAT pair of running legs. Yes Ma'am, I can throw the frisbee but I can not aim it. ;)
7. Hula Hoop. See, I said "almost as well as I can hula hoop." Doesn't that leave you HOPEFUL for this sport and medaling? I can get it to rotate at least once or twice by the sheer force of the spin from my hands! Seriously, I can keep a hula hoop up for at least a few seconds...even after all the years that have passed since that summer I learned how to hula hoop.
6. Roller Skating. Yes, I spent many an hour going 'round and 'round the old skating rink listening to such wonderful hits as Thriller. Recently, one of my children was invited to a skating party (doesn't that bring back memories) and I managed to not totally embarrass myself. I fell down only a few times. So what if I only ventured out on the rink a few times. Falling hurts. I tried to skate backwards and quickly realized the error of my ways and why I had never truly mastered that as a child. Twirling in circles? Forgettaboutit.
5. Gymnastics. I can do a somersault (that's a rolling flip thing right?). I tried to show my kids how to do a kartwheel
4. Swimming. I'm great at the short distance underwater event. Really. I think I could win that 4 foot race. While I can swim, I'm not terribly interested in racing others (too much work). Not to mention as a child I failed my beginner's class repeatedly because I could not swim in a straight line on top of the water. Thus, I mainly swim underwater.
3. Running. Again, I believe I could win the short distance event. I'm great at the driveway dash. You know the one. You view your child about to run into the street where you imagine a car is going to come racing by...so you dash down the driveway to sweep your child out of danger. Being out breath at the end is only due to the adrenalin from the great fear of your child being struck down by that imaginary car. Yes...that's it. Adrenalin.
2. Softball. Hey, I actually played softball as a child. I was so proud of the game that I learned how to keep score for coach! I can sometimes hit the ball. I can even "catch" a ground ball hit RIGHT TO ME going sort of slow! Aren't you proud? I do believe though that I could be on the winning team. I'd do a wonderful job of keeping the score book. ;)
1. Bicycling. I enjoy a nice leisurely bicycle ride on the bicycle path. Yes, I do. It's so enjoyable to feel the air gently blowing in my face. I really enjoy that half mile little ride to the "hill" and then that half mile ride back to the van. Nice flat enjoyable bicycle path. I typically stay with Samuel while Dh and JM ride the 3 mile each way trip. They catch up with me near the van...when I'm done! Did you really think that they rode that entire almost 6 miles before I even got out of the VAN?! Really. Who do you think has to get the bikes OUT of the van thus ensuring that I actually leave the van for our family outing. Hmph. ;)
As this is Summer Olympics, I left out my accounts of ice skating (similar to roller skating...execept they have a nice lovely little "bar" to skate with now....) and my account of snow skiing (green bunny hills are my friend!).
Now create your own 9 on the 9th and head over and join in the fun.

2 comments:
You are so so funny! Thanks for remembering to play. Great list. Oh, you have it linked to your last 9 on the 9th though...
Oh, no!!!! I forgot to play this month! :(
I will say that I love your list -- very comparable to mine, except for the softball. You can actually hit the ball sometimes?!?!! Wow. Yeah. I can't do that.
Post a Comment