Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Update on the LOA, part 2

We heard from the agency today, and as we were expecting it was very vague. I think perhaps even more vague than they were expecting. To basically quote them, this is our information:

The CCAA processes files in order with regards to Log In Date, acceptance Date (what we term LOI), and then other factors.

That's all the information we have at this point. We've obviously fallen under the other factors, so who knows. The agency is checking on our case specifically and hopefully we'll hear something a little less vague by Friday.

I did ask what the "other factors" could mean. It could mean we were pulled for detailed medical review (but all 4 families from our agency? especially when one had no issues to speak of), it could mean we were being reviewed, it could mean our file was put at the bottom of a stack for some unknown reason. I was told that we did not hear that our file had been misplaced, nor did we hear that the file had been separated. Both things have been told to the agency before, so not hearing them is good. We were not told that anything was specifically wrong with our file. Another good thing. Whatever "other factor" involved means that it happened to 4 families together. Of course any of these things are still possible to be wrong with our file, but they are becoming less likely.

You can interpret that yourselves, I am personally leaning more toward something happened and the CCAA will correct it as soon as they possibly able to.

BTW, 2 different agencies told their SN clients who were skipped last week that the person who signs off on the LOA is out of the office until Friday. This means, that our paperwork could not be signed until Friday, then we would get it Monday the 15th at the earliest. I told this to our agency, told her where I had heard it, and they seemed to think it is probably true.

What this means to us as far as travel:

LOA this week, we *might* make the Nov 1st group, but unlikely.
LOA next week (the 15th), we should make a November 15th group (if they have one)
LOA the week of 21st, we might make November 15th, but possibly the 22nd (if they had one)
LOA the week of the 28th, November 15th is out, 22 is a maybe, but more than likely Nov 29th (if they have one)
LOA the first week of November, then travel would be in December...moving the LOA out by each week pushes travel out by a week each time.

Have I mentioned that I do not wait well at all? Really do not wait well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know that we continue to pray for you and for the liason to discover the real reason for the delay. Also praying that God's peace would overwhelm you, even if you don't feel like it :) (cause I know that there were times that I just didn't want to hear about it!)
Melissa