I was not sure I would survive 120 days, but I did. It helped that we spent the time with my parents and the kids. Mom and Dad did great at distracting me, and the kids made me smile. We ended up going to an amusement park on Saturday, and Samuel (being newly just over 42" in height) can now ride lots of "big kid" rides. We got to experience his excitement over each and every ride. He turned those big brown eyes upon Grandma and Grandpa and got them to ride a few with him as well.
The favorite though? I think it has to be the bumper cars. Yes, all 6 of us got on the bumper cars ride (Samuel with Grandma and JM with Dh). Due to low attendance we stayed on the bumper cars through 4 rides. Samuel was laughing the entire time, and who can't smile at that? JM was thrilled at being able to crash into Mommy. JM's ear to ear grin was great to see as well, and the two of them together. Well, who could be down around that? To make it even better, Samuel did a victory jump/dance leaving the bumper cars while saying "I loved that ride!"
Then, after that fun-filled day we played games that night. JM played with us adults, hung in there, and did GREAT. I won, which made it fun for me. I beat my father and Dh at a strategy/luck game. Good times. Next time we play, I'm sure I will lose. They will gang up on me. I just know it. It happens all the time in Risk.
Can you believe it? I did not cry a single tear the entire day. Nor did I cry on day 121. That's proof that all those prayers are working!!! Now, if we could only hear those magic words "Your LOA is here."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My prayers are with you... we are adopting domestically - and "THE WAIT" is the worst part. Good luck and God Bless!!
Post a Comment