Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fall is definitely here!

It's amazing to me to see how much the trees have changed, how cool it is outside, how I see signs of fall and the approaching winter everywhere. It's amazing to think that next week is Halloween.

That in typical years I am all done with Christmas shopping. Have my tree all planned out. Typically I'm going through all the Christmas decorations and getting them out and ready to put up. Usually the 2nd week of November since we typically visit relatives for Thanksgiving.

This year? It's all snuck up on me. I was planning to go Christmas shopping tomorrow, but Fed Ex is coming (not for adoption stuff). So, I guess I'll be cleaning. It does need to be done. I've not thought of Christmas at all. I don't even have my card planned, and it's typically done by Halloween.

I feel all out of sorts. I know it's because my focus has been on the adoption. I'm making a to-do list for my Christmas planning! I'm going to get it done, and hopefully before we ever make it to China.

I did make my first purchase last night...an outfit for Katie. But does that really count?

Today is 118 days. What is our thought for today? I wonder how Katie will look in her Christmas outfit? Will it fit?

No comments: