Saturday, October 06, 2007

What an exciting day

For those not in the know, if we had stayed on our NSN track, we would not be looking at a late 2009 or early 2010 referral timeframe at current paces. However, in much better news, after I think a record breaking 6 months China has finally finished referring out November 2005 LID group. A huge collective sigh of relief was definitely heard around the world.

We learned this week that they once again had a fairly small referral batch, making it a rough week of news for many China prospective adoptive parents (or PAP). Many of these families have been waiting for over 2 years, or close to 3 years just to get to this point from applying with their agency. When we all signed that disclaimer that nothing is guaranteed in international adoption and we are taking a risk, they were not joking.

I found out that there 4 families skipped with our agency, and I found out that another agency had a skipped family (only one out of all of the SN PAP). Her situation, would be scarier to me as she was the only one. However, she was also the only one in her own "batch" as well. Then, there is a family who was anticipating their NSN referral and did not get it. That has got to be awful!

On a joyful note, to end the week, our agency did start making new SN referral calls today. So many families saw their daughter or son's face for the first time today. It is such a special wonderful feeling. I hope they have an awesome weekend basking in the glow of their new child.

It is amazing to me how much of my current life revolves around this adoption, how excited for perfect strangers I am, how sad I am for others when they get bad news. Isn't the internet grand?

1 comment:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Well, at least you know you're not the only one skipped. That's good! I just know you will hear something next week! Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Monica