Friday, May 22, 2009

Test Results

No, I'm not going to post the kids test results exactly here...but I am struggling in the interpretation of them.

For example, JM took the 4th grade test as he is officially in 4th grade. He was 10 years 3 months (hey...wait a minute, the form says 10 years 4 months....), and then it gives us number possible, number correct, scaled score, national PR-S,and AACS PR-S (that's the American Association of Christian Schools) and then Grade equivalent. I understand THOSE things...it's the numbers associated and how to "understand" them in regards to my child.

For example, I have a Number possible of 114, number correct of 99...scaled score of 675. With national PR-S of 86-7 and AACS PR-S of 78-7 (Huh? what's that -7 mean? 78-87? or something else?). Then grade equivalent of 8.3. I *think* that means that he scored as well as an 8th grader in their 3rd month on taking the 4th grade test. Right? Maybe?

then we have Samuel. He's in K and I had him take the 1st grade test. He scored fairly well for taking the 1st grade test a year early. :) But what does that MEAN to his scores? Do I take the scores of grade equivalent of 1.9 to mean he's doing the work he should be doing?

Regardless, it' s a good gauge for us to see where we need to work more on...no surprises there. LOL

Word Study Skills
Language Expression
Spelling
Language

yeah. Did I mention before that they are total science and math "geeks" yet? Glad to have the test results, and I've "filed" them away for comparison with later years (and looked back over JM's results from previous years...he's doing rather well). I can tell, for example, that our hard work in Math this year paid off. I can tell that he make great strides in grammar and word study skills as well.

Onward to next year...which starts June 1st. Poor kids have to start school back on June 1st. But then again they've been "out" since early May, and being "out of routine" is really starting to show.

3 comments:

LucisMomma said...

We're starting back the first week of July. :) My kids got to brag that they were done with school, and the other kids were jealous until they found out we start in July.

M-A said...

the first question, the answer is yes like and 8th grader in his 3rd month....that is how it was explained to me.

second question????no clue.


your kiddos are doing awesome :)

Elizabeth Channel said...

Sounds to me like you've got two brilliant children! They must have a great teacher...

School already? Wow---you must school all year around!

Impressive!