It's coming up, and I have finally...FINALLY ordered our curriculum. Samuel will be 1st grade and JM will be 5th grade.
Are you ready? It's...well...quite interesting.
Both boys are going to do Horizons Math - Samuel will finish up grade 1b and then complete 2a and 2b. JM will finish up 5b and complete 6a and 6b.
Samuel and JM are both using Abeka Language Arts this year. We need help with word skills and grammar, and I'm hoping this will work. I've heard good things. Samuel will be in Language 2 and JM will be in Language 6.
Samuel will have Abeka Spelling 2nd grade as well. I ordered the Abeka Spelling 6th grade for JM but it is going to be too hard for him, so we'll go back to Spelling Power for him. I'll have to figure out which level he is though.
JM will be doing Abeka's 6th grade handwriting. Samuel will be doing A Reason for Handwriting Transition.
Samuel will be doing the Bible lessons from Sonlight Core1 - Leading Little Ones to God. JM will...errmmmm....I'm not really sure. Oops! I'll head to Lifeway and browse for something for him.
Both boys will be doing Apologia's Astronomy (at least through Christmas). I'm personally VERY excited about this one.
Samuel will be doing Sonlight Core1+2 with Regular Readers for History and reading. I think the readers are "below" his level, but I'm trying to boost his comprehension skills. If, by Christmas, he's WAY beyond them, then I'll purchase him some extra books off the Intermediate and Advanced list from Sonlight.
JM is doing Abeka 4th grade History - History of the United States. He's not gotten a full curriculum of this yet, and I felt this was a good year to do so. We are supplementing with 10 books off of the Sonlight Core 3 and Core 4 lists. I chose them based on JM's interests. He'll have to write book reports on them as well.
They will continue the city league sports and Karate to fill in for their PE.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like your covered! You need to remind me to send you those book.
JM and Troy will have an nearly identical curriculum this year. Troy did JM's history this year, but he's REALLY into history right now.
Even though I am loving Summer vacation, it's always fun to get ready for the next school year, huh? :D
Post a Comment