Thursday, May 07, 2009

Disney 2009 - Chapter 5 - "Rest Day" and Disney Quest

I've sadly neglected our Disney tales! So, after our awful evening at Disney Studios, we luckily had a "rest" day planned. This means we sleep in, it does not mean we just sit around the hotel and actually rest, to the chagrin of many who think they would like to travel with us. ;) If you have forgotten our magical tale, click the Disney labels link and bring up all the posts about Disney for the beginning of this story and hopefully I'll get it finished before we go back (which will probably be in about 2 years).


Sleeping in plans didn’t go so well, but at least we were able to sleep later than the 6am! We were ready to head out around 10am to go eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich at DTD and do a little shopping. Princess Peanut saw the carousel and pointed with excitement. I thought that perhaps we’d have to do that, not even thinking that there is a HUGE carousel in the Magic Kingdom.

Shopping with 3 kids in the slightly overcrowded areas of Downtown Disney is not my idea of great fun, but we survived. We got a few ideas for things, bought a couple of things, forgot to look at even more things…

But finally, we were on our way to Disney Quest. The Clones adore Disney Quest. They talk about it to complete strangers when the subject of going to Disney World comes up. I could spend that time shopping if I could, but I love the Clones so I go for them (dh needs help keeping an eye on them). We’d done this arcade with a toddler previously, so I knew what to expect with Princess Peanut. Surprisingly right after getting to Disney Quest I sat down with Princess Peanut in a quiet food court area, in a darkened area and she fell asleep. Princess Peanut, who has NEVER fallen asleep in my arms except once in China, fell asleep. Yes, she was THAT tired. Then I fell asleep, for about 30-60 minutes. Dh woke us up and off we went to play some video games with us girls all refreshed. ;)








As always, Pirates game was our family favorite. We met up with Friends here, and as we thought 14 year old son loved it. Unfortunately the Dad had caught our “plague” and wasn’t feeling the best in the world. I felt bad that Clone2 had sneezed and coughed directly on him earlier in the trip.

We finished up at Disney Quest and headed back to the shopping and doing some of the big souvenir buying. A few tantrums later (same child as the one with the Nemo tantrum), and we were out of there with me drooling over the Mickey Mouse “silverware” sets! Oh and some lovely lunch type plates and glasses for the kids.

We met Friends at Whispering Canyon for dinner, and it was “okay” but still fun. After dinner was our BIG debate. What to do? More shopping? Mini-golf? Swimming? Or the surprise Dh sprung on me…we have an extra park day! WHAT?! He bought us an extra day as he thought we might like it and it was only $9 more total.

Awwwww….

But with paying for parking and all, we chose to go back to the hotel and swim. Well, okay, the kids and Dh went swimming. Princess Peanut got in the pool and actually had fun!

No comments: