Again we were up early to make it to the Magic Kingdom for rope drop, and this time we were actually earlier than we’d been the entire week. I stood in line next to the opening near the strollers so I could grab it and go to Fantasy Land quickly. Dh took the kids to watch the opening show because they were going regardless of whatever we told them. Clone2 really wanted to see the opening show from in front of the train station. I just smiled and told Dh that it’s Disney. It’s all good.
Well, it was all good until a family with 2 small children in a stroller had one start vomiting standing 2 people away from me waiting on rope drop. Poor little thing was coughing, and it sounded very much like what Clone2 had been doing and his Mommy was not patient with it at all. We survived, and rope dropped and we made our way down Main Street. The Cast Members were waving, the characters were out, and the bubbles were blowing out of the trash cans! Princess Peanut and Clone2 were really excited about the bubbles, but we had them in the stroller by this point and I just pushed them past the bubbles. We laughed about the trashcans burping bubbles for a good little bit.

Our reason for being at rope drop was Dumbo, and we quickly made our way to Dumbo and got on the 3rd ride of the day. We were hoping that Princess Peanut would love the ride, and she did! We had to encourage her to sit on the seat, but once that elephant started flying she was all smiles. Thinking we might have turned the corner on the rides department, we sashayed over to Peter Pan and basically walked on, Princess Peanut buried her head for the entire time again! We finally started putting it together that she would like the outdoor rides but not the indoor ones. So, we went directly to the carousel to make it up to her. She loved the carousel, absolutely loved it. At this point we were debating, and not fully following the plan as this morning was all about Princess Peanut for the first time. Did we do It’s a Small World again, or do Pooh? Dh thought Small World would be better for the Princess because we had fast passes for Pooh and could ride it later, and as it was an “indoor” ride it might not go over well. Small World she’d ridden before and liked it so he thought it would be a good one to try. Okay, it was a morning ALL about the Princess afterall. Clone1 was oh so thrilled.


After Small World we decided to try seeing the Princesses and found the line to be posted at 15 minutes (time on exif data on photos says 10:16am). Not too bad, but the Fairies line? It said 75 minutes! What in the heck? We decided it wasn’t worth that. Princess Peanut did not react well to the face characters at all, not even for her favored Cinderella. We got our photos, and Clone2 got his photo made with them. Princess Peanut told them all bye and blew kisses, but wanted nothing to do with getting closer than seeing them from Daddy’s arms. She’s excited to see the photos now, so it was worth it.


We left the Princesses and decided to see how long the line for Mickey was. Dh played FPV and got Space Mountain fast passes as the boys really wanted to ride this again, and they had been so very patient with the morning that was all about Princess Peanut. Mickey’s line was really short, but after a few minutes standing in it we realized that it was not moving at all. Having been in this line before, I realized that only one Mickey must have been back there. VERY slow moving line, so we left and made our way to Tomorrow Land where we were able to get on Buzz Lightyear easily, and then Dh took the Clones to Stitch’s Great Escape. I sat outside in the sun and enjoyed the warm day with an overly active Princess Peanut. After a few minutes Dh came out with the clones, and Clone2 told me that he did NOT like that ride and refused to ride it! Okay by me, so Dh and Clone1 got back in line and I sat with the kids outside eating a snack.
Right before lunch.
I rode Space Mountain with the boys after securing a Rider Swap pass for Dh’s trip later in the day. Then we made our way to lunch, and caught the show in front of the Castle. Yep, Princess Peanut yelled at Dh to stop the stroller so she could watch. Clone2 enjoyed it as well. Clone1? Well, he went with me to grab some grapes and water to help round out our lunch and we made it back to the show for the very end. The younger kids really enjoyed it, and I’m glad they were able to “work it in” at that point.
We ate lunch and headed toward Frontier Land, and I knew we were getting close to really being off our normal schedule, so we talked about what ride the kids wanted to do and Splash Mountain won. Dh was FPV and got fast passes for those as I made my way that direction. Clone1 had asked if we could please do Tom Sawyer’s Island this trip, so I figured that now was a good time for it. Tom Sawyer’s Island was “eh” to me, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. Time stamp on these photos is around 1:15 pm.


We finished up with that and went to Splash Mountain. We were seated in rows 1 and 2, and I got soaked. I dislike being wet, and getting soaked at the beginning of the ride was the pits! Oh well, the boys thought it was hilarious. When we finally exited we saw Dh with Princess Peanut first in line to see Goofy! She went up to Goofy with Clone1’s encouragement and even gave him 5! (Time stamp here is 2pm)

We left Frontier Land and made our way back toward Fantasy Land where we rode Pooh with our fast passes, and Princess Peanut seemed to like it (she only buried her head a tiny bit). We headed on to Tomorrow Land for that Space Mountain rider swap and to use the Buzz Lightyear fast pass we’d grabbed earlier. Princess Peanut was in my arms for Buzz Lightyear and she actually tried shooting her gun the entire time! We were making definite progress. When we exited Buzz, the Princess saw Stitch and insisted on getting in line for him. I didn’t argue with it, and sent the boys ahead to Space Mountain.

Our experience with Stitch was awesome. Princess Peanut really started opening up to the “furry” characters, and as she had her squeaky shoes on Stitch really got down and played with her. It was adorable. Princess Peanut went up to Stitch (he was down on her level and let her approach him). The only problem came when we were leaving, Princess Peanut blew him a kiss and said “bye” then started walking away. Stitch followed behind her looking at the shoes, and Princess Peanut freaked out a little. Poor Stitch was so sorry that he’d scared her. It was okay though as Princess Peanut blew him another kiss…safely from my arms though. ;) (time stamp here was 3:55pm)
We made our way to Space Mountain to wait on the boys, and I made Princess Peanut get into that stroller where she proceeded to show off all of her “two-ness” for everyone.


I used her Nemo towel and played peek-a-boo which got her giggling again. Phew! The boys finished their blast through space, and we headed out of Magic Kingdom to hop to EPCOT. I knew that Princess Peanut would fall asleep in the van (why we drive to all the parks), and we were able to let her get a 30 minute nap in.


Once in the van we decided a quick 30 minute or so stop at the resort for the boys to experience the water slide at our pool. Great plan, well, sort of. I was going to rest with Princess Peanut in the room, the boys were going to swim. The slide was NOT working that day, so it was a quick disappointing “rest period” in the pool. Still fun, still a quick rest period for Princess Peanut who really needed it at that point. But we still had a park to see that night! The plan…I was insisting we stick to the plan.
When we got to EPCOT we sent Dh on to get Test Track fast passes, and then the boys all rode Mission Space. We grabbed the Rider Swap for this one as I knew they’d be riding it a 2nd time back to back (we do green with Clone2 then orange with Clone1 for each time of riding it). Dh and I swap off riding with the boys as well (I only ride the green though). We made our way over to the Land for dinner, and noticed the Soarin’ wait time was 40 minutes. We agreed to wait to ride it. We then went to ride Jounrey into Imagination because the Clones asked us to. We knew Princess Peanut would hate it, she did. The kids played in the exit area for a little bit, then we headed over to ride Test Track with the Fast Passes. We got our rider swap, and I rode with the boys. We left there to ride Mission Space again (hey the boys love it), then we went back for Dh to ride Test Track with the boys on the Rider Swap, but it was “down.” Clone1 asked to ride Spaceship Earth, so we went to ride that and enjoyed the updates. I miss the whole ending that was the “future” but were things that were actually happening now. I remember riding it as a child/teen and being amazed at the thought of communicating over the computer with another country!! I was looking forward to pointing to that and saying “We DID that while in China!” Oh well, the computer thing was cute.
Unfortunately Test Track was still down when we exited, so we had to skip it. It was almost time for Illuminations by this point and I feel like I forgot some of the stuff that we did that night, but it’s really starting to all blur together now.
We made it back to our room and promptely fell asleep so we could be back at EPCOT for rope drop the next day. Why didn’t we just stick around at the hotel after we “rested” I wonder? I'm also starting to wonder if anyone here would ever willingly travel to Disney with us now? LOL

1 comment:
I love Magic Kingdom and I want to live there!!! lol It looks like all of you are having a great time. I just love Disney and your memories will just be priceless.
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment