Monday, March 30, 2009

Lots of hard thinking going on

which is a wonder I've not strained anything in my brain with all that extra "work"

But, yes, I've been thinking very hard about a few things lately. I've even emailed friends those thoughts. I've called friends up (repeatedly in some cases) with those thoughts. In the responses I have gotten, I have come to the conclusion that I just need to post them. Some deal with adoption. Some deal with general LIFE. Some...well...probably only make sense to me. But I hope, through the exercise of typing them out I will solidify my own thoughts, and perhaps I can inspire some of you to think a little deeper about some subjects.

But gosh, I'm not touching politics with a 10 foot pole. Just want to make that CLEAR.

Religious topics will not be the main focus except in a few cases right here at the beginning (one is WHY I don't have a ton of religious references on my blog and the 2nd is something I've been thinking about and dealing with for a few months).

I'm sure I will ruffle some feathers. I'm sure I will make some upset with me for my viewpoints. But you know, this is MY blog. MY opinions are MY opinions. MY thoughts are MY thoughts. I've come to recognize in myself that things that bother me, things that upset me that others say just might have some truth to them. When I have thought about WHY I am upset, angry, uncomfortable with something someone said...well...it's been hard. But typically I've found myself growing as a person, stretching myself, and changing. Perhaps if you find yourself in that position, thinking about why might bring about your own responses. Remember though, it is not my intention to OFFEND anyone, nor am I setting out to cast blame.

Just trying to get the thoughts that I've been pestering friends with OVER and OVER and OVER out there so I can solidify WHY I think what I am thinking.

So...just a warning that I'm going to be posting some "Tough Thoughts" soon.

and yes...one is going to be a thought brought about my now 6 year old's question, "Why do we call the color blue...BLUE?"

Now aren't you GLAD you weren't on the receiving end of that phone call to a friend?

7 comments:

Jboo said...

I also think it helps (me at least) to get things written out -- somehow that makes things a little bit clearer! Good luck!

Janet

Tam said...

I have a Five year old that questions why colors are the names they are too.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Post it friend! Can't wait to read and ponder myself. Now I won't be the ONLY one posting Tough Thoughts!!! JK! But you know what, you are right--it is your blog and I don't know about you, but blogging can be extremely therapeutic!!!

Hope you come over to my word*press blog! I sure do need to learn more about it though. The only way I can log in is to go through word*press.com. Duh!!!

Hugs!!! Hope you are OK!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm excited to see what you are going to write about.

BBB said...

Bring it on girlfriend!!!!

Cheri said...

I wish I could write about some of things you write about. LOL about the color blue. :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You go girl... like you said... your thoughts, your blog... let it all out :)