Thursday, February 01, 2007

Referral Math!

Everybody ready?

Looks like referrals went through 10/13.

10/13/2005 to 9/14/2006 is about 336 days.

We have 334 days of referral LID to get through before our LID.

How long until OUR referral? That's a good question! No one really knows. It could be that CCAA will speed up, or they could slow down, or they could continue at the same pace.

If they continue at the same pace of roughly 2.3 months to get through each 30 days of LID. So, we'd have a referral in 334/30*2.3 or roughly 25.76 MORE months to go. So, at the exact same pace of 2.3 months to get through each LID month we're looking at April 2009 for our referral.

BUT (there's always a but), it's entirely possible that it will speed up (or slow down).

If they managed to do and even 2 months for every 1 month of LID we'd be looking at 22.4 months (or January 2009). If they managed to go 1.5 months for every 1 month of LID, we're looking at 16.8 months, or July 2008 (right in time for Olympics). Of course we're hoping for an awesome couple of "double months" that would have us getting a referral in September 2007! LOL That does belong in the "in your DREAMS" category.

Someone asked how I was handling this wait as compared to how I did not handle the wait on the 171h form...this is much easier. I get to cross numbers off and see "progress" being made. I have something concrete to watch (even if it moves at a snails pace sometimes, my LID gets closer and closer). While waiting on the 171h, I watched the line for China adoption ahead of me keep growing and growing. I watched the months where they only did 5 days of LID for a month of referrals. Those times were horrid to watch knowing my wait was being slowed down drastically by that.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Carla, I got your blog link from the props forum. Am I understanding right... you are looking at a 3.5-4 year wait to bring your little girl home?
I was just curious. My daughter and her fiance wish to adopt so when I come across adoption blogs I check them out. They were thinking of China but since my daughter is only 21 they will probably adopt from elsewhere based on the China requirement of being age 30.
Thanks!
Robin