Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Works for Me - Valentine's edition


I'm trying to join in on the fun with the Works for Me Wednesdays.

Hmmm, we don't have a Valentine tradition (need to start one), so I'm going to share something I've done in the past 10 years with Dh. I like taking really hot showers, which have the effect of steaming up the bathroom. When I get out of the shower I will draw a heart on the mirror. Or write "I love you." Or "I you." After a week or so, the mirror gets cleaned and the message is gone. So I will write another.

Sometimes though, I get a message back.


OH, another "lovey kind of thing" is that being married to an extremely analytical kind of guy, I don't get flowers often. He just doesn't think of them (and typically we're too broke to buy them). I noticed one day, in Target of course, that there are $5 small bouquets. Not of roses, but purpled dyed daisies and other fun flower things. I bought one for myself, got in the van and told Dh "Look what you bought me!" I leaned over and gave him a kiss. He smiled, and to this day when I buy that bouquet it's from him. ;)


One of the best Valentine's Day gifts was when Dh bought me a rose bush. I loved it! Too bad my brown thumb killed it within a year.

No comments: