Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oh my how embarrassing!

My younger brother changed his cell phone number and he gave to me from memory. I programmed it into my cell phone so I could call him if I needed to. (that's the background)

Today, in the mail, came the sw*msu*t issue (you know from that magazine). Knowing that Dh doesn't really care for it, and knowing my little brother would probably like it (he's in college). I called him from my cell phone.

R: Hello?
Me: Hey, I've got something here you might like.
R: What is it?
Me: The sw*msu*t thing (except I said the name and such)
R: What makes you think I want that?
Me: Because you are ** (age that he is in college...)
R: I think you have the wrong phone number.
Me: Is this R?
R: Nope.
Me: Oh my word, I'm so embarrassed. Sorry about that.
R (chuckling): Don't be, you made me smile.
Me: I guess there is that. So sorry about that.

I quickly hung up, then called my sis to get R's REAL phone number. Called R, and of course he was interested. Came right over to get it (he's living with 2 of his college buddies).

Of course he came over all stuffed up, sneezing, and hacking. Geeze THANKS lil' Bro!



So, did you do anything embarrassing today?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Carla,

You made my day! Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one who's done that, too. We were gone last weekend and when we got back we had 3 calls from a number we didn't recognize. Listened to the voice mails and the first was a guy giving a message to his friend (not us),the second was the same guy (obviously drunk BTW) apologizing for the first call then telling us a joke, the third call was the same guy apologizing for the first joke, then telling another one! It was really comical too! Gina