I am borrowing this from Susie, who shares my love of reading. Feel free to play along on your own blog!
Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
Paperbacks, mainly ones I've traded as I go through them waaaaaaaay too fast.
Amazon or brick and mortar?
Mainly my little local used book store. I think I might keep them in business by myself.
Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Barnes and Noble! I'm even getting my kids hooked on it too. Of course JM's last purchase was the DK World War 2 book (you know the kids encyclopedia kind)
Bookmark or dogear?
I always use a bookmark. Or at least some piece of paper I find laying around (like a business card, receipt, kids artwork...)
Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Neither. Books rarely make it to the bookshelf, those few I keep are put up randomly.
Keep, throw away, or sell?
Rarely keep any, trade/sell the rest. I have to feed my habit somehow, buying new would bankrupt us! Throwing a book away is NOT an option. I donate the rest whenever possible.
Keep dustjacket or toss it?
Keep it.
Read with dustjacket or remove it?
It typically becomes a bookmark.
Short story or novel?
Novels unless it's a collection of Christmas romance stories.
Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Neither really, unless it's Christmas love stories. LOL
Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
I've read all of the Harry Potter books, and loved them. Have not read Lemony Snicket. Can't wait to share the Potter books with my kids.
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Typically stop reading when the book is done. If I am just too tired, then it will be a chapter.
"It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"?
"Once upon a time" most definitely!
Buy or Borrow?
Both. But mostly used books. Every once in a while I'll purchase one. Sometimes I'll borrow one from family if I've not read it (typically they borrow from me).
New or used?
Used. I do like new ones sometimes, but not always.
Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
Mostly browse.
Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy happy ending!
Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?
Mostly late at night, after the kids are in bed.
Standalone or series?
Both.
Favorite series?
Harry Potter, but I've not read Chronicles of Narnia so I reserve the right to change my mind.
Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Don't think I've got one. LOL Mostly read nice fluffy romance novels.
Favorite books read last year?
Can't remember. I'm really enjoying The Starbucks Experience (but it's the ONLY non-fiction I've read). Loved all the fluffy romance novels I've read in the past year. LOL
Favorite books of all time?
Harry Potter - all 6 of them, can't wait for July!!!
Gone with the Wind
Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Wuthering Heights, Little Women (and the rest of those by Ms. Alcott).
Wrinkle in Time (and the rest of that series) by Ms. L'Engle (another I can't wait for my kids to read).
The Xanth series (by Piers Anthony), made it book gazillion and stopped reading them
then there are the Judith McNaught, Jude Deveraux, and....LOL I can go on and on.
Oooh, and Bridge to Terabithia was a favorite...and....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment