Tuesday, February 06, 2007

and then you wiggle dem.

Samuel and I were having a discussion after Karate class today. It was about what to do when someone was crying. See, during his Karate class 2 of the little kids cried. He stared at both of them (with this look on his face that said to me "what in the world are they crying about this is fun?"). So, Samuel and I were talking, okay I was telling him that he should not look at kids crying in his Karate class because ignoring them would help them to stop.

Which led us to when it IS appropriate to help someone who is crying. I told him outside of Karate it is okay to comfort someone who is crying, like Mommy, or Daddy, or JM. He said, "Or one of my friends?" Yes, or one of your friends.

I then asked him what can you do to comfort them?

S (very excited): I give them a HUG...
Me (yes I interrupted him because I thought he was done): Yes, you give them a hug.
S: then I wiggle dem!
Me: Huh?
S: I wiggle dem.
Me: Can you show me?
S: Yeah, but you are too big.

So, I got down on his level, he put his arms around me, squeezed for a hug...then "wiggled me" back and forth!

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

Aw, that's cute. :)