Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Addendums, updates, update for expirations....homestudy headaches!

and you thought the paperchase ENDED when you were DTC!

We've had a minor change (for the GOOD) that our agency feels we should update our dossier for. Great! If it means less questions in review, then by golly I'm all for it.

Problem! Our homestudy expires April 1st. Medicals expire in Feb. Financials expire in Feb. Child abuse clearances expire im March and April. So, in order to do the addendum, we really need to a full update. Okay, doesn't seem so bad.

However, we should start our 171h renewal in October (end of Sept) timeframe, and the USCIS office does not want a homestudy that is more than 6 months old.

We're kind of caught between a rock and a hard place here. If we do the addendum, then we need to do a complete update. However, that complete update will be too old for the 171h renewal...which means a 2nd complete update in about 4 months.

Why are we running into these problems? Well, the letter that I needed to get the addendum took me about 2.5 months to get. 2.5 months ago the addendum would have been a no brainer...just send it in. The person I was relying on took forever, then the US postal service LOST it, then I had to have to redone...oh joy joy.

So, here I am, wondering, is the addendum REALLY that important? I have the letter, I can send that in to agency to send to China to add to the dossier. Then, we can wait until, oh June, and do the homestudy update (and include special needs in that). That way we can start the 171h renewal process (oh joy joy) in Sept/October with a homestudy that is current enough.

oh...those pesky USCIS fingerprints? expire May 2007.

it's causing some major frustration headaches I tell ya! Reminds me greatly of dealing with doctors and insurance in trying to get the infertility stuff covered.

No comments: