Monday, January 01, 2007

What to do this year?!

Reading of Rumor Queen website about referrals and how much longer to wait. So, IF they make it to 9/29/2005 this time, then I will have

1 day to get to October
31 days in October
30 days in November
31 days in Dec
31 days in Jan
28 days in Feb
31 days in Mar
30 days in Apr
31 days in May
30 days in June
31 days in July
31 days in August
14 days to my LID

that's...umm...350 days until my referral. Using RQ's math, that leaves us roughly 26 MORE months to wait. *where's the fainting from shock smilie when you need it?*

So, what to do? We've already gotten the bunk beds for the boys and combined them in the same room. LOL 2 years before we MUST have them there. Heck, in 2 years we could be living in a new house. But since that requires homestudy updates, I highly doubt it. However, our house WILL be "remodeled" somewhat.

I'm planning on remodelling the kitchen this year. Along with the bathrooms (if you do cabinets in one, may as well do all of it together).

Then, there is the "replace flooring upstairs" issue. I mean, between the kids and the cat it's quite dirty. It is this lovely "light cream" color, it was NOT scotchguarded, it's the cheap builders special, and well...mix all of that with my clumsiness in carrying drinks, or Dh's clumsiness in carrying snacks...and those "drippy" no spill sippy cups. *sigh* It needs to be replaced.

If that doesn't take up all our time, I can do the dreaded landscaping (with my brown thumb it will be on-going). I wonder if the "greeness" of your thumb is related to your fertility? LOL I've managed to kill a tree, 3 azalea bushes, and a hydrangea bush just in 1 year. We planted another tree last year as well (as soon as we realized I'd killed the first one) and we are anxiously awaiting spring to see if it too died. I suspect it might have. The lilac bush I planted, well, it had black spots on it most of the year. I looked it up, it's not susceptible to black spot.

Now the climbing rose bush I do not like, that I've purposefully tried to kill, pull out, etc. is doing wonderfully. Reminds me of the science fair experiment we tried. I thought I had it all figured out. Purchase 2 plants (I bougth Gerbera Daisies), leave one alone, the other pull EVERY leaf off except for 1. Water normally for 2 weeks. Observe what happens. Our hypothesis was "the plant with only 1 leaf will die." I mean for a Kindergartener and his Mom that seemed logical. Right? WRONG! The "full of leaves" plant died while the one with only 1 leaf thrived. I am still not sure that was supposed to happen!

We're also trying to grow lima beans. 2nd grade science is a bit more complicated. We're now on our 2nd set. At least I don't take the blame for this one. Dh is in charge. *snicker* He had to buy the plants for the "hide one under a cardboard box and observe" experiment. He bought cacti. LOL It didn't do anything. So, we tried it again with pansies. JM got the correct answer for that experiment. LOL I just wish we could grow those lima beans!

I think I might move Samuel back to his old room. I mean, why not? Hey, it might even speed up a SN referral. LOL He and JM want to play too much at night right now. Plus, JM might enjoy being able to sleep on the bottom bunk. Or I could turn that room into an office. That'd REALLY speed up that SN referral (or the CCAA) wouldn't it?

So, what are YOUR plans for this year?

No comments: