Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 Meme...

I've been tagged by at least 3 friends on my other blogs (and NO ya'll aren't getting those addresses...those are all password protected private ones on other places). Saw this on Wicked Witch's site (okay, gotta admit that I SMILE huge when I see that name pop up).

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I was fingerprinted. Left Samuel overnight with my Mom.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, for the most part. Yes we will make more - but they're realistic ones.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sis (I have another nephew) and my friend Beth.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just the USofA

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Katie to join our family.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 18, 2006 - DTC, then September 14, 2006 - LID. I have others, but not as big as those.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
it could be getting Samuel pottytrained, but isn't that HIS accomplishment?

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being patient during the wait for DTC.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does Strep 2 times in 1 month count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vacation tickets. :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The kids. They are maturing quite a bit and it warms my heart.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The kids. Some days it doesn't seem like they will ever learn common manners.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills like most people, we're still climbing out of debt, and Disney.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Disney with just Dh. :) The adoption of course.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
When Love Takes You In

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I guess happier, about the same weight (could have gained a pound), and definitely richer (in both materially things and friendships)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
walked, ridden my bike, spent more time outdoors with the kdis

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
sitting in front of the computer (and what am I doing right now?)

20. How did you be spend the New Year night?
Went to a friends house for a little while, my headache from the morning came back, we left, got home at 10pm, put the kids in bed and watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (she was just evil!)

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Just deeper in love with Dh and the kids.

22. How many one-night stands?
bwaaaa haaaaa haaa...not a one.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Do you REALLY want to know? Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, CSI anything, NCIS, The Unit, Numb3rs, and a new SciFi show...ummm...eternity...no...Eureka! oh I really like that show (even IF I can't remember it's name)

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don't hate anyone, but some people do make me want to scream sometimes. ;)

25. What was the best book you read?
Since I doubt you want to hear about the gushy fluffy historical romance novels, I'll put Paper Daughter by M. Elaine Mar. It was very very interesting.

26. What was the best movie you saw?
Cars

27. What was the most beautiful day you spent during the year?
Have to be being in Disney with Dh....alone...no kids.

28. Your best Christmas present?
ummm...not really sure.

29. Your wish for everyone for the new year?
That all your dreams come true! (oh yeah, I've been spending too much time planning our Disney vacation with the kids)


Gotta share: As I've been typing this up, I've had JM working on school work (it finally clicked what alphabetical order means) and Samuel has been playing with his Word Whammer and is practicing the Alphabet song. He's just about gotten it! :) so sweet to hear his little voice singing ABCD...EFG...

No comments: