Sunday, January 14, 2007

SN program changes?

You know, I can handle the thought of not getting a referral until 2009. Why? Because every 3-4 months I have the "chance" of a referral from the special needs list. I have quite a few marked, I truly feel like our daughter will be from the waiting child program. However, with the changes coming in the SN process, I'm quite nervous.

No one knows for certain what will happen, but one rumor is that people logged in for more than 6 months may not choose a child off the WC list and change to the SN program. Well, crap. 6 months for us is March 2007. Our agency, during that time frame, *might* have had 2 lists come out. THAT'S not a lot to choose from. Ya know? Especially with the wait for NSN is probably going to be close to 30 months for me. Just doesn't seem right.

Now, I can see where they might say "6 months from LID" if they have the new program in place and this is for May 1st people. Or 6 months from whenever the new "online" list is available. But until then? what about those of us who do not get access to a list very often? *sigh* I've seen about 4-6 girls (from other agencies who were waiting) that I would have loved to find out more info and probably adopted.

Yeah, I'm at that "feeling sorry for Carla" stage again. I'm sure in a week or so, it will pass.

No comments: