Friday, January 12, 2007

Confessions of a Procrastinator

I had so many things I wanted to accomplish this week. I didn't get hardly any of them done. I don't really know why, except that I procrastinated right through the week. I have a doctor's letter that needs to be county certified (yes that paperchase NEVER ends). It's an update to our homestudy, and since we need to update the homestudy..well...there we go.

The boys started Karate, and LOVE it. I mean LOOOOOOOVE it. It's quite satisfying to sit and watch your child be 100% focused and succeed (well okay it's not quite the smooth motions yet) at something. Then have them get in the car and tell you very sincerely "Thanks Mom! I LOVE Karate!" Even S, who is 4, is loving it. His class though is quite fun to watch. It's more of a "learning the basic motions and we all know they'll be white belts for at least a year" kind of class. LOL Sensei has tons of patience though, and he's wonderful with the kids. That took up 3 afternoons.

JM had speech therapy and orthodontist appointments this week. Plus a class at the Science museum. Not to mention our van needed a tune-up. Plus Wednesday night church activities, and well, you can see that my week through Wed really had NO chance to do anything at home. Especially as a I had an client scheduled Monday night.

So, here it is Friday. I have laundry that needs doing. Beds need changed. Dinner needs cooked. I have an office that needs de-cluttered. My kitchen table and bar are "hot spots" and need cleaned off. Then, the kids rooms, oh my they are a wreck. However, Karate "rules" are that they are supposed to keep rooms cleaned. :) That should help out today. If they don't, then 10 Bunny Hops are in their futures!

Off I go now, to stop procrastinating and start cleaning. Yeah. that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: