Sunday, January 28, 2007

You'll be happy to know...

I cleaned the litter box. Yes, I caved. Cleaned it, the kitchen, the bathrooms, did 6 loads of laundry (and put it away), AND picked up toys on Friday. I was Little Miss Productive (that's what happens when I must get up and moving by 8:30 because someone was coming to the house).

Yes, someone was to be here between 9-10am. I was up, dressed, and JM was doing his learning work by 8:30 (and I started with the major messy parts of the living areas). Piano tuner called about 9:45 and said he would be about 30 more minutes. Ended up getting here around 10:30, and he didn't leave until 1:15. Yes, it was that badly out of tune.

Okay, I'm not that bad of a slacker with my musical instruments, but it has only been in our possession for 3 years (or so). I hardly had time to play it, so it was not high priority and we knew it was going to be EXPENSIVE to tune (was right about that). Why now? JM started piano lessons. Mr. "I can hear the teenest tinest dischord" told his piano teacher that her piano sounded MUCH better and it was strange to hear the songs on her piano. *roll eyes* Yes, it was time.

Take my advice, when you plan on paying down lots of debt in a year don't start January off by signing up 2 kids for Karate, starting 1 kid in Piano lessons, and then realizing you need to sign kids up for summer camps and programs (not to mention swimming lessons...oh my I forgot to put swimming lessons on our schedule). OH, and we had to sign up for baseball as well.

All of you praying types, please pray that I will have some clients call for sessions!!! I would really like to get my student loan paid off this year before we decide it really is another child (or pet). It's been around as long as we've been married now and I really do NOT want to look at how much interest I have paid to Sallie Mae.

1 comment:

bbmomof2boys said...

Oh no!!! You let him win??!! Ahh....alls well that smells well! (Sorry couldn't stop myself)

Great job cleaning Miss Productivity - you make me look bad. 6 loads of laundry?? I've trained my dh to do that (evil grin)

~Carla