Thursday, January 25, 2007

Target, shopping, and the mall

Oh my, am I ever in trouble when I go to Target. I always end up buying more than I intend to. Like this week, I wanted a pair of "comfy pants" to wear around the house at night. Not quite sweat pants, something with a wide waist band, and something with loose legs that go all the way down to the floor (which should NOT be hard as I'm closer to 5' than to 6'). I found 1 pair of sleep pants on clearance (pink of course). Found a sweatsuit, which I thought would be GREAT for lounging around the house some days. It was not sweatsuit material, but rather the thick french terry type material...ooh, it'd be great on an airplane as well. Then, I found a pair of jeans (IN MY SIZE!!!).

Since I had the boys I was NOT trying things on. TG for returns. The jeans were a little too snug (surprising actually unless all those oreos I inhaled the past 2 weeks mean I put on weight). I'm thinking it was the "stretch" label that means they were meant to be snug. Whichever the case may be, I returned them. I also returned the sweatsuit because...well...I don't need it. I went for the "comfy pants" only. I did keep the $3 brown turtleneck though. ;)

So, after returning these items (and buying drinks for myself and the boys), I headed to the mall. Yes, with the boys. No stroller, and NO gameboys. I was BRAVE. I think I found a pair of jeans - too bad the price was $89.50. *gasp* Then I found a pair for $29.99 (but holding them up they looked WAAAAAAAY too long). Again, I had the boys and I was NOT trying them on. So, back on the rack they went.

Somehow I found myself in the Disney Store. 50% off the sale prices! Wooohoooo!!! I think though I overbought. Both kids have 2 sweatsuits each (one for now, one for next year). Samuel got a fluffy fleecy jacket for next year. Samuel also got a Pirates jeans/shirt outfit. JM got an extra pair of sweatpants. They also got a Pirates fleece throw. Yep...spent WAAAY too much. But the sweats were $5 each. It's amazing to me how quickly $5 each item adds up! LOL

We left there and Samuel announces (quite loudly I might add) that he needs to go potty (#2 option as well...LOVELY). He does go, but evidently when he said "all done" he really wasn't as he informed me that he had some #2 in his croc while we were in the middle of store. I took that as a sign that we should just call it quits and go home! I wonder why I subject myself to this torture? Shopping with 2 boys by myself? Why do I do it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on Target.I usually go in for diapers and every time I come back out after spending over $100!!!