One week ago I took a test to see if knew enough about photography to pass or not. Sure, I know enough about photography to be able to talk about it intelligently, but this was a test that would ask questions about things like gel filters and lens filters, and the inverse square law for lighting and flashes. Oh the JOY.
1 week of waiting to find out the results. I was told I would be mailed results in 1-1.5 weeks. Well, supposedly, before they mail the results out they will post to the website if you have earned the certification or not IF you are waiting on the 2nd part of the certification process results...which I am. I've already passed image review. The website has not been updated yet, and I'm left to wonder...did I pass or fail the exam?
See, it was 100 questions. I knew most of them, and knew them without having to think about which of the answers best fit. However, I had to think and eliminate down to the "best" answer on 20 questions (or I flat out didn't know the answer which happened 2 times). That left me with 10 questions of the ones I KNEW that I could have made a mistake in marking the correct answer.
I'm a terrible test taker.
I have to make a 70 to pass. I thought after the test was over that I was close, that I most likely had it. Now? I'm beginning to wonder if I did okay or not.
Internets...I had to learn how to develop FILM, and transparencies (at least theoretically)! I had to learn about view cameras, different kinds of film, and so forth. I learned about the Zone system developed by some photography greats (that was actually very interesting!). There were even some photoshop questions on the exam.
*sigh*
I really do not want to have to take the test again, but I will if I have to.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sure you did a fantastic job! Worrying gets the best of all of us.
Thinking positive thoughts for you!
oh I hope you did well, I think you will be surprised and you made better than 70.
Ryan took the ACT Saturday and he has gone over and over in his head analyzing his possible score too, waiting is the hardest part...
Post a Comment