Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Low points in my life

God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. - C.S. Lewis

I truly believe this is true. I can think of so many "low" points in my life, that ended up benefiting me in that it shaped me for the better. Just like every time I ask G*d for patience, I am given opportunities to LEARN patience. Now, that doesn't mean I appreciate those times while living them, but I do eventually appreciate them after they are done.

One such low point was when we were skipped over for LOA. We didn't know what was going on, we didn't find out exactly what happened, and no one could tell us how it would end up affecting us. We just had to be patient. We just had to wait and see. I'm so not good at wait and see. I saw the days go by, I saw those who got LOA when we should have get TA...I saw them make plans, all while still waiting on on our own LOA. I questioned it. I really did. I questioned if we would ever be able to travel to get Katie. I questioned if we were really supposed to adopt her. I wondered if I should I tell our agency to give her file to another family so she could be adopted by a family. I truly started wondering if we would EVER get to her. It was rough. I learned how to wait. I learned how to be still, to be quiet, to TRUST that it would work out and be great.

So, really, that is just ONE story behind a "low" point in my life. I have a few others. I have some "low" points that I fear will never be figured out what I was supposed to learn. But I do know, I have to keep re-learning the whole patience thing.

What have you learned during a low point in your life?

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my... did you write this for me???? I wouldn't say I have a 'low' point but if you go a few posts back on my site I was talking about the same thing... how all these things are put in your way to test you... to make you learn and to help you understand/appreciate the bigger picture when it does get here... I am not a 'wait and see' person either... oh... I love reading your posts about this stuff... you always seem to write what I need to hear and when I need to hear it... you are a kindred spirit :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

... that my faith is not as strong as I once thought...

Wendy said...

We are in the middle of low point right now with our daughter and some of her post-institutionalized behaviors. We have had some very, very difficult days and I keep begging God for wisdom and patience. I have heard it's never a good idea to ask for patience though! :o)