Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thoughtful Tuesday - a day late...oh well

"The greatest gift my mother ever gave me was a messy house, and the knowledge that other things in life came before a tidy house."

What does MY house say about me? What do I place as important? If you look at my calendar, what is important in my life there? If you look at how I spend my days? What is important to me there?

I get so many of these kind of thoughts from quotes. Sometimes I have to stop myself and ask privately, in 20 years will I care that I did or did not do something? What will I remember? What will the kids remember?

Will they remember getting to eat a picnic in the floor for dinner while watching a movie? Or will they remember our dinners around the table more? Will they remember the day we went for ice cream just because then to the park to play? Or will they remember me always cleaning, cooking, and getting on to them? Hmmm?

3 comments:

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

Really, are you totally confused on your days or am I totally confused. As far as I can tell, you posted a Wordless Wednesday on Monday, and now you're saying that your Tuesday is a day late. I am way confused!!! :)

Love ya -
S

Kristy said...

I think about that same question too all the time????

Kristy

Julie said...

When you figure out your answer, you'll let us know, right? Because the rest of us are just as confused! *lol*

(BTW, you do know that TODAY is Tuesday, and not Wednesday... Right? *lol*)