If you have been reading my blog, or heard stories about my family, for any length of time you probably remember Katie's first viewing of Finding Nemo. That should have given you a clue that 1) Katie does lots of cute things in the van, and 2) she can be a wee bit stubborn (no clue WHERE she got that trait!). ;)
As we drive down the road, Katie notices things outside quite frequently. One is water.
"Wook Momma...Wah-der!!"
If I do not respond appropriately, then she repeats that phrase only louder until I respond, "Yes, Katie that's water." This happens everytime she sees water. Every. Time.
Living where we do, we have lots of cows near the roads. I am sure that we pass one cow field at least every trip out of the house. Katie is also in love with horses.
So, we're driving down the road when I hear...
"Wook Momma, horsh-es."
"No, Katie those are cows. Cows say MOOOO!"
"Mooooo."
"Yes Katie cows say MOOO."
I thought we were good. I really did. Until I heard this.
"Wook Momma, horsh-es. MOOOOOOOO"
"No, Katie. Those are COWS. Cows say MOOO. Horses say neigh."
"Horsh-es. MOOOOOO. Neh-ah"
"No Katie, Cows say Moo. Horses say niegh."
and it repeats until we pass by water at which point we exclaim over the fact that there is a pond, or a puddle of water, or heck even a billboard with a swimming pool on it.
Every single time we pass by cows, she calls them horses and they say Mooo. So, imagine my excitement when I finally passed by some horses! I said, "Look Katie, there are HORSES in that field." I even slowed down so she could see. Katie said, "Ooh COWS! Neeeeeigh!!!"
Long discussion about them being horses ensued until we drove past some water.
She's been doing this for at least 3 months now. She keeps insisting that Cows say Neigh and Horses say Moo. She has the right sound for the right animal...just the wrong names. She insists she is correct (it's like trying to convince her the sky is blue when she thinks it's green).
So, if you are with our family and Katie says "Wook! Horsh-es!!!! MOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Just please, go with it. Or else you'll be in a discussion with her until you happen to pass by water. ;)
oh...and in case you were wondering, 9 months later Nemo is still her favorite movie, we watch at least 2 times a week. Samuel is quoting entire sections now without the movie on, we can all say the lines WITH the movie as well. We no longer have to exclaim over the fish...thankfully. Oh, and it IS possible to wear a DVD out. Just saying....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a cute story! She is darling, but then ... I'm not sitting in the car with her. :)
We have yet to watch Nemo, I see I need to add that to our Netflix list. Thanks!
Cheers, Kiy
ROFLOL!!
BWAHAHAHAHAH. That is HILARIOUS. She sounds like another little dictionary on legs that I know...
Do you remember that when the Ladies were little if you asked them what a deer said they both said "Don't shoot me Bob"
She makes me laugh. I have a stubborn child also so I know where your coming from. LOL
Oh and I've heard that DVD playing in the background a handful a times. ;)
Post a Comment