Thursday, April 02, 2009

Because I've felt guilt about it...

I keep telling Tonggumomma that I can hold my own against her in "old photo" contests. *giggle* So here is my evidence...the "good" photos!


I know I was in Kindergarten, probably the spring of that year. Why? The HAIR.


This was the Kindergarten FALL photo.


This is WHY I ended up with all my long pretty hair cut off. CURLY and LONG does not bode well for tangle free hair. ;)



Senior portrait....take a LOOK at just how curly it was....yes, PAST tense there.


First year of marriage...


By the time kids came along...I typically pulled it back...DAILY (that's JM ya'll...wasn't he just the CUTEST "little" 1 year old here, honestly 16 months which is how old Katie was when we got her? That outfit? it was either 2t or 3t, but I think 3t)


But sometimes I would leave it "down" and you can see how "non-curly" it is now, and how frizzy...and oh my I need some major hair help.



Then, while waiting on Katie's referral, I met "The Magic Hair Lady" who could do THIS to my hair....



*this is what it looked like without her magic touch* Be sure to COMPARE the curls to the Senior photo above, or heck even the one "pre kids" with the mountain view if you can see the hair....


That my friends is what having children will do to your hair. Hormones do some really funky things to your body. REALLY FUNKY.


I look amazingly ALOT like this today (same braids in fact, same length I'm fairly certain even though this was from 2007? or 2005?)


Okay, now you all can see the potential for the "fro" right? Don't worry....I'll scan and post it soon. Just for you Tonggumomma, just for you so you can feel less alone in the bloggy-land of embarrassing photos!


and I just noticed something ya'll...


We're about the same age here....he does look more like me than I thought! I can still see definite differences though (his face is rounder, his hair is straighter...but the eyes. Oh if I can find one of his eyes looking at me all serious....)

5 comments:

Cheri said...

LOVE it. Ya'll are brave souls! I think I have all of mine locked away some where. LOL

You had some serious curls girl! Mine actually got more curls with kids.

Jboo said...

What fun photos!! You were (and are) a real cutie!! I have frizzy hair too and way too many bad hair days!

Your son does look a lot like you -- so cute!

Hope you're having a great week!
Janet

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so sorry, Carla, but I LOVE your curls... now the mom jeans... the mom jeans have to go! :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

I'm with TM...mom-jeans are unforgivable.

The hair is adorable, though. :-)

Elizabeth Channel said...

Love the braids! You are making me miss my hair again! OK, I've got the same curly hair shots...let me find a scanner somewhere...