Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life is crazy

Update on the leak...we know it's not the siding, we know it's not where the siding meets the brick, we know it's not the window, we know it's not the roof, we know it's not the plumbing, and we think it's drainage in the yard that will only result in a leak into the house when we get more than 5 inches of rain in 24 hours.

That doesn't happen often, but we're going to get it looked into and hopefully fixed.

The carpet people are re-installing the pad and fixing the carpet tomorrow. The super duper carpet fan is being picked up tomorrow. The couch is being swapped out tomorrow.

If I weren't busy enough already, I have to package a client's order and deliver. I have to clean the house. I have to put my bedroom back together from where it's been out of sorts due to the carpet situation.

I want to bake and am contemplating the balance of baking cookies, how many will get eaten prior to us visiting family, how long the actual "food" would last if not devoured, and how much time I will have on my hands later in the week to do this task. It's an art I truly believe.

I won't bore you with details of the rest of the week, but suffice it to say I won't be seeing my husband from Wednesday through Sunday besides 1 hour in the evenings. He'll get home around 9-10pm each night though. The boys are participating in a fine arts festival (will post their entries afterward). I'm having some friends over for "crafts and play" time. *read MOMMY TALK TIME* It's going to be a whirlwind of the rest of the week for sure! I'm hoping we can get the rest of the stuff out of the storage building this Saturday as it would be nice to not have that payment and to know it's ALL in my house!!!!! *read no more having to save space for what is left in the storage building*

January....it should be less busy...right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can figure out and fix where the leak came in... That would be so frustrating!

BBB said...

Man I wish I lived close enough for Mommy Talk Time!!!