Okay, maybe not.
But we finally did get internet back today. Luckily we still had our Voice Over IP phone so I also got phone. Otherwise, it would be until the 15th of December before we got phone back. I don't want to even attempt to describe how I would have looked at that point. Or most likely, how the cell phone overage minutes would have looked. NOT pretty people as we're currently at least 100 minutes over. Yes, and that's at 45 cents a minute. *faint*
I guess it will be Rice and Beans, Beans and Rice for dinner a few nights....or a month worth of dinners.
However, in EVEN BIGGER NEWS.....
JM turned 10 years old today! My baby. My little itty bitty baby turned 10 years old. How did he get to be a DECADE old? He's in double digits. *sniff* I remember holding him for the 2nd time like it was yesterday.
Yes, I said 2nd time. What of it? Huh? I was crazy drugged from the general anesthetic the first time Dh placed JM in my arms (while keeping his own securely fastened around my arms so I didn't drop the cute itty bitty baby). I was almost half asleep, and it had been hours since delivery. Dh wanted me to hold him before anyone else and visitors were coming....and well...I don't remember much beyond what is in pictures now. So, yes, I remember the 2nd time I held him! :) It was actually December 5th, but like just after midnight and JM was quickly approaching 24 hours old at the time. *sniff* See, he was already growing up too fast at that point.
My cute itty bitty baby is now this almost 5 foot tall 80ish pound boy....who is quickly approaching "young man" status. He has less than 6 inches to go before he's taller than me. He loves science. He adores thrill rides. He's the best big brother I've ever seen. He's a great kid. He really is. I just can not believe he is 10. Wasn't he just 2 years old? Like yesterday?
When he was 1:

November 2008:

5 comments:
Happy birthday... you are now officially a double-digit midget.
Happy Birthday JM
amazing isn't it?
I love the picture of the family in the header AWESOME!
Happy Birthday, JM!
We've had those bean and cornbread nights...we called them "Salute to Higher Education" when DH's oldest two were in college, and "Salute to Foreign Adoption" and "salute to paying off the credit card"
He's a lot bigger than my 10 year old, who's almost 11. *lol* ... Jared is only 4'6" and around 55 pounds... Talk about a double-digit midget! *wink*
Happy birthday to your little man!
Happy Birthday you handsome little devil!!!!
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment