Seriously, as I was driving around town today running errands, I thought I saw smog in our little "city" area. Huh? Smog? Really? It then dawned on me that what I was actually seeing is the pollen from all the trees "greening up" floating in the air. It only took a few more minutes before my sinuses alerted me to the fact that there was tree pollen floating in the air thick enough to SEE and that my a/c running in the van was not on recycle air so I was bringing that green floating stuff inside the van to irritate my allergies.
I think I washed my windshield 4 times while out, all the time watching that water turn to yellow water things. Once home I took the water hose and rinsed off the entire vehicle, and I watched the water running down the driveway turn yellow-green. It made me remember why we do not get out riding bicycles on the trail in the spring, all the things blooming are not conducive getting out and enjoying the weather. It's much nicer in the winter on those rare days. Summertime is just too hot and humid to enjoy running alongside the kids on their bicycles. Fall, perhaps fall will be perfect!
So, being curious, I looked up pollen counts for recent days. Normal for my area is in the 100-200 range (for tree pollen), very high is greater than 1500. What were we 2 days ago? Greater than 5000. No wonder our allergy medicines are not seeming to work these days. No wonder we've all had sinus/allergy troubles. No wonder that cough each of us has will not go away (it's allergy related). If it would only rain and clear all the pollen out of the air, then it might be good spring weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally hear you - we are in the same mess - my boys are dying!!!
Post a Comment