Tuesday, March 20, 2007

dinner was still good, even though it was wrong

I had a friend over this last weekend while the big boys were gone on their trip (her Dh and oldest son were on the same trip). We let our little guys play and we scrapbooked. Lovely time it was too. Our little guys are close in age and play very well together, so throughout the evening they played light sabers, played with the knights, put on costumes, played playstation games like Cars and Lego Star Wars 2, and even watched some movies. When you are 4.5 and almost 5 you can do lots in a short amount of time.

C and I decided that we deserved a GOOD dinner, so we called Macaroni Grill for "To Go" order and I ordered the Create Your Own pasta without chicken. I'd be vegetarian if my family would let me. ;) We discussed what to get our little guys as mine is lactose intolerant, hers is anaphalactically allergic to tomatoes, potatoes, squash, etc., highly allergic to eggs, and highly allergic to peppers. Guess Mexican was out for them! ;) So, we swung by Burger King and bought their dinners. We check their food and it was correct (no ketchup allowed AT ALL for C's little boy...it has tomatoes).

We get to Macaroni Grill and pick up our food, take it home, and start to dig into it. Her's was correct (Pasta Milano) and mine was a Create your Own Pasta dish, but it had onions and CHICKEN in it! WAAAAAH. We didn't check our food, just assumed it would be correct ya' know?! I picked out the chicken and the onions and it was still good, even though it was wrong. I was missing that asparagus. I wonder who got my Create Your Own dish? Bet they were surprised by the asparagus! LOL

No comments: