I put this book on my list because it came from a good friend in a box of books (along with many fluffy romance novels). :) It looked very interesting, and I hope she included it because she wanted me to read it. I do not know, but D-, THANK YOU!!!!!!
Anyone adopting from China, this book is a wonderful glimpse into a young woman's life from living in China prior to age 5 and then immigrating to the US. I have found that I do love reading about other's lives, other's families, and this book did not disappoint. I wonder if I like reading blogs so much because it is like one long story of someone's life. I just wanted to jump through the pages of the book and give that little girl a HUGE hug in several parts (those dealing with going to school and such). Okay, there were many parts throughout the book I wanted to jump in help her out or cheer her on!
D- also sent me The Kitchen God's Wife, which reminded me that I had read Joy Luck Club in high school. So, I added both of those to this list as well. I think I might jump into those soon. I love having friends who send me a box of books to read, and put so much thought into which books to include.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment