Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Works for Me!


Hmmm...what does work for me? I know! Working on replacing linoleum with tile in the master bathroom!! LOL That linoleum is tough to scrape up, and it ends up hurting muscles, and you get blisters. Generally it's a yucky job. But since the end result is worth it, I'm here to tell you a few ways to make it easier.

1. A scraper of some sort is essential. Especially if you are doing this on concrete and get semi-big sheets of the linoleum up, but leave that paper backing glued to the floor.

2. I used vinegar and water and mopped that paper. It helped to loosen the paper somewhat. Then I could scrape a little easier.

3. The absolute BEST way though to get this up, is to look sufficiently hot and tired when Dh gets home. Have enough done that it looks like you made progress. Then, when he's feeling quite quilty over how hot and tired you are, start scraping again...but you know, WEAKLY. This part is important, because big strong manly Dh will not be able to watch you barely scrape the paper stuff. He will take over the yucky job and get it done much faster.

Okay, so I'm fairly lame and do not really have a good "works for me" on this topic. I am about to decide though that paying someone to put this down in our 35 square foot bathroom might have been the better option. Too bad we only have about 9 square feet left to do (if that).

No comments: