Monday, March 26, 2007

The Starbucks Experience

First finish on the Spring Reading list, and I really liked it. It made me think about how I treat clients in my business. What details am I not paying attention to? What detail am I missing that is causing problems for either me OR more importantly my client?

How can I surprise and delight clients? Am I available enough to them? How can I improve my relationship with them? Do I respond well to negativity from friends, family, and clients about the business?

Very thought provoking questions for me. Everything made me stop and think about how something small I do can impact another in a great way. Even though I read it for business purposes, I found that there were several areas that could easily be applied to my personal life, such as do I pay attention to the details of my friends lives? Do I show them that I am "invested" in them? That I pay attention to our friendship. Am I involved in the community enough? Do I listen and learn from someone telling me something negative about myself? Can I take that criticism and turn it into something I can improve on? Do I know when the criticism is actually coming from someone who can never be happy with me or would always find something to fault?

As this book made me think about myself quite a bit, I will not share my answers here. I found it a very easy read, and a very thought-provoking book. Definitely not of the fluffy romance novel genre!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Makes me want to read it - a lot of good stuff there!! I'd love to hear about the Paper Daughter too - how was that???