2 years ago we replaced yucky stained carpet with laminate flooring (we're in a starter home and not too rich to do the real hardwoods for the entire downstairs). We are now getting around to putting down the quarter-round/toe-board. Yes, 2 years living with "gaps" around the edges of the rooms. We are not normally so slow to finish those kinds of projects, but that finishing has been one of those "we'll get around to it" projects.
In addition to that I convinced Dh to finally replace the linoleum in our bathroom with tile. I mean, it's 35 square feet total in that tiny bathroom. It's definitely not one of those glamour baths! Lowe's had some tile that was decent for 98 cents a square foot. $35+ extra supplies to replace that flooring! Well, and lots of sweat and tears. Currently, I'm the one doing the sweating AND the crying. Dh's turn comes when it is time to actually mix the grout, lay the tile, and cut the tile. I would love to replace the tub, but I just do not see that happening. Plus, I'm not entirely sure how to get the current tub out of that bathroom as the door is quite narrow.
Those are the current projects going.
Ahead - Project De-clutter! Replace all cabinets and counters and sinks in the house. Tile the kitchen (it's currently laminate wood flooring). Oh, the kitchen is total 99 square feet...so when I talk replace cabinets, it's MAX 15 linear feet of cabinets! Then, I have the yardwork to do as well. Flowers to plant. Carpet to replace upstairs, stairs to re-carpet OR put down wood. I would love to add in extra patio space off the back. Add a storm door on the front....oh and GUTTERS on the back of the house. LOL A fence would be good as well.
Since Disney is over, and we've not planned any vacation trips between now and when we travel to China, house projects will have to suffice. Once it warms up some, I think we're going to plan some weekend camping trips. The boys have been begging to go camping (I keep hoping they'll forget...there are BUGS out there).
Why the house projects? Well, home improvement is always such a wonderful weekend activity! Seriously, we'd like to sell our current house in about 12-18 months (or right after we get home from China). We're currently in a 3 bedroom (with 2 boys) and can see how soon after we return from China we're going to feel a wee bit cramped with 2 boys and 1 girl PLUS us in 3 bedrooms. Okay, so the boys will sleep in their bunkbeds and Katie will have her own room. I know lots of kids share rooms, but not sure our two boys should do it long term!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, I've put down many a tile floors, and love doing it! Every bit, I won't let DH help at all. We've got wood laminate in our kitchen too, and it's gonna come up eventually, the only part I'm not looking forward to is taking up the lynolium that's up underneath it! I hate that stuff!!!
Post a Comment