Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Coupon Mom - Works for Me!


I'm typically busier than I would like to be, and typically so busy that other things are more important than clipping coupons (like, oh, pulling weeds). I honestly can say that I look forward to the day when I no longer need to clip coupons, it's not one of my favorite chores. It's one chore I'm eagerly looking forward to passing off to my kids.

Awhile back, someone sent me a link for The Coupon Mom and if you go to Grocery Deals by State (on the left hand side) you will find a drop down list where you choose your state and grocery store. Now, I realize that not all stores are listed here (and yes I know that big megastore will match ads, but refer to that "despise clipping coupons" part about me again), but there are some decent stores listed.

This will open a new window with this week's deals in the ad and which coupon from which paper could be used. NICE! This means that I do not clip coupons, but rather keep them together. I go to this site and get a list of "deals" and which coupons go with each one. Sunday evenings I head to the store and buy groceries.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to not even go to the store in the first place! LOL I hope it helps someone else out there as it has helped me!

Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for other (probably more helpful) tips!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, I will check it out! I have been coupon shopping lately with my mom and sister and we have been saving hundreds, it crazy. Now I just have to figure out where to keep all this stuff! :)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Sounds excellent. I will definitely check this out! Thanks!

Mom2fur said...

I'm very big on couponing, but the clipping does get to be tedious, doesn't it? What I do is keep each
'issue' of coupons in a page protector with that week's date on the outside. I keep these in a binder. I use grocerygame.com, which matches sales to coupons. Sounds like the same thing as what you have. If there is a sale on Tide with a coupon from Valassis on March 18th, I simply turn to that page, pull out the circular and clip the coupon I need. It is much easier and neater than all those little coupons floating around, LOL!