Being the Mom to 2 of the biggest pirate fans, we chose to go to the Pirates 3 movie this past weekend (along with going out of town to go tent camping, which is an entirely different post). I was probably not really the smartest Mommy on the block taking my 4 and 8 year old to the 7pm showing (digital no less), after a full weekend camping, which probably explains why said 4 year old fell asleep in my arms halfway through the movie! But, we enjoyed the movie, and I would go again.
Spoiler alert below this...
are you sure you want to spoil the fun? or have you already seen it?
1. I'm not sure I'll recover from seeing Mr. Depp's nose THAT big. LOL
2. I'm disappointed in the ending, I wanted him to get the girl AND live happily ever after. This "visiting her one day out of every 10 years" thing is crap.
3. I hope, really really really hope you stayed for the "epilogue" after the credits. It's 10 years later (and yes it feels that way after all the credits). It helped the ending, but not enough.
4. Jack is crazy. I feared he'd lost it for good. LOL The whole symbolism, Davy Jone's locker thing, was just plain weird.
5. There are a lot of GREAT lines in this movie, but I agree with someone else. The best was said by the British sailor, "Do you think [Jack] plans this all out, or do you think he makes it up as he goes along?"
6. Do we know if there will be a Pirates 4?
7. Could Calypso bring Will back if she wanted to? He was just dead...right? Or did he sell his soul to do Davy Jones' job?
8. Did anyone else get teary eyed at the Will/Elizabeth scenes?
9. OMG, the wedding ceremony. LOVED IT! The kiss, the way the "world" melted away around them. (*sniff*)
10. I think this is one movie I'll definitely be able to listen to in the van. Over. and Over. and Over. and Over....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We saw it Sunday, and loved it, some parts I could have done with out, and YES we did stay through those long, long, credits, I had read a comment online before we went, so I knew to stay, but most people in the theater did leave. I think they left it wide open for another to follow.
Post a Comment