I tried Flylady, I really did. When we had our house on the market, it worked well. It worked well as long as I stayed on top of things, but I found out I'm a little lazy. If I do not have a reason to do something, I tend to not do that. Which explains the state of the laundry. Er..."Mount Wash-Me" and "Mount St. Fold-Me" that is.
One thing that I did take away from FlyLady, was the 15 minute rule. Even my lazy self can follow this one (well actually easily distracted by the blogs and internet self). Only, I figured if it was good enough for ME, then it was definitely good enough for the rest of the family. It is our goal (notice the OUR) to do this nightly, but sometimes life has a way of interfering. But, we do it as often as we can.
I will set the kitchen timer (aka Microwave Timer) for 15 minutes, and all 4 of us clean designated area. Dh gets one room, I take another, JM gets his room, and Samuel gets his room. Since they share now, one gets the bedroom, the other gets all the toys in the rest of the house. 15 minutes and we stop, no matter HOW little we've gotten done. It's not a replacement for true cleaning, but it's there for catching that clutter that seems to pile up.
I realize that if I set that timer for 15 minutes a day for laundry, then I would not have the mountains I seem to acquire weekly.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's a great tip, and 15 minutes is better than none at all, right? :) And sometimes there's the surprise of how much you can get done in only 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing, have a great day! :)
I love the 15-minute tip too. I trick myself to write my e-books and e-courses like that ;)
Great tip! I do that before lunch but I am now going to start doing it at 8 pm, too. Thanks for the great tip to make my load a little easier.
That's a great tip ... I seem to have the same "personality" and "Mount" problems as you ... so I think I'll start trying this out with me and hubby!
That's great advice. I will try it in my own home and see how it goes. I'm always looking for ways to make sure things don't become a mountain-size problem. I have found that I can be a little lazy, too, so this will probably work for me. Thanks!
Post a Comment