Friday, June 01, 2007

Our Unplugged Summer

I've done it now. I've gotten Dh and JM on board, and now I'm pulling the plug on my addiction favorite daytime pastime. Electronic devices will not be used from 8am-8pm...daily.

June. July. August. UNPLUGGED.

Yes, I can check email from 8pm until 8am, freely. I did give us the ability to check email during lunch break (noon-1pm). Because I can check email, Dh gave the boys the ability to watch a show, play a game, etc. I figured if I didn't go cold turkey I might actually last longer than a month week day.

Yes, it's not totally 100% unplugged, but for us, it's a major step of being unplugged. I know we can not do it 100% because my job must use computers and electronic devices. Plus, we're doing online banking, tracking of JM's school work with computer, Dh has fantasy baseball leagues to keep track of, etc. I'm ignoring that little voice that keeps saying that this is just excuses. Moderation. Yeah, that's what I'm going for...moderation.

There ya have it. Unplugged. The boys are going to clamor about being bored on Friday. I know it. I might actually have a clean house by the time my parents come to visit Saturday (oh WAIT, I'm doing a yard sale as well on Saturday morning, so maybe not).

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. LOL

No comments: