I'm going to let you in on a secret, this is not my first blog. It's not even the blog that my closest online friends read. It is the blog I send my family to though. ;) My very first blog I started WAAAAY back in early 2005. We were planning to adopt from China, but knew that I needed to "age into the system" so it was going to take a few months. We were not telling anyone, and I wanted to blog about my feelings. However, I needed it to be PRIVATE because, you know, the adoption was a secret thing! LOL I've gone since then to expand that blog, created one for public that did not mention names...messed that one up. LOL Here I am with the latest variation of my adoption blog. I still have 2 others I post to.
Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?
Nope. I'd say I still do not have a following. I think it's something about hooking up with bloglines or something that I've not done. :) This blog is mainly for sharing our daily life and our wait for Katie with friends and family (and the occasional visitor).
What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
That so reminds me of those old college applications! All I want to do with my blog is keep our friends and family who live away from us (that's all of them by the way), a way to keep up with our lives. It also gives me an outlet to write down all the fun and silly things the kids do. I highly doubt I will ever go beyond being a Mommy-blogger.
Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
That would assume that I had a focus to start with, right?! LOL
What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
I feel like I'm STILL just starting out! :)
Do you make money with your blog?
Nope, but I'm interested in it. I think I would need more than my normal traffic amount (which is about...oh...1 a week?!)
Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
They know about it, I see someone from their area reading every once in awhile. The rest know about it, but don't seem interested to read.
Head HERE to read more blogging history from people how are MUCH better bloggers than I can ever hope to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Came over from Chilihead's carnival and just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. We haven't adopted any children, but my husband and I are foster parents.
I remember the long, long wait for our first foster child. I got our all ducks in a row and we waited, waited, and waited. Eventually, the momentum of life started swinging again and I was getting hit from all sides. Lots going on at work and at home, and it was the beginning of December (all the holiday craziness). Wouldn't you know that's when the state called with our first foster son? The wait was awful, but I wouldn't have changed a think. It all went according to God's perfect plan.
Blessings~
Came by via Chilihead - your blog name caught my eye. We're also adopting but from Ethiopia.
Hi Carla
I just had to pop over and see who my fellow seat warmer is in therapy! :o) Glad you posted a comment on Fiddledeedee's blog! I'll be back to see if the therapy's making any difference in your life. Hello everyone. My name is Char and I'm an embarrassed cork-propping-arty-farty type who loves blogging! haha! (And incidentally - i'm infertile and we also considered adoption - from Kaszakstan!!!)
Post a Comment