You know what my least favorite part of vacation is?
It's not the coming back home and having to unpack. It's not the re-integrating into normal life. It's not the loads of laundry to do. It's not the cleaning out of the van from the 10+ hour drives.
It's not the entering in the bills, the receipts, etc. into our budget spreadsheets and updating the checking accounts or credit card accounts (have to zero it all out).
It's not the checking of emails, catching up on all that I've missed from friend's lives.
It's that smell.
You know the one, the smell that hits you when you walk in the door and you immediately think, "WHAT is that?! WHAT did I forget to throw out?" It takes you 30+ minutes of cleaning the kitchen, only to discover NEW smells (rotting potatoes in the pantry). *sigh* We even cleaned prior to leaving, thoroughly. It was something that didn't quite get ground up well in the disposal.
Candles burning now after I really scrubbed and cleaned the kitchen.
Normal blog postings will resume soon! Not to mention LOTS of vacation pictures to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes - been there, done that... SO many times.
That is my least favorite part too -- laundry is a close second!
Can't wait to hear about your trip and see some photos!
Have a good week.
Janet
I HATE when there is an unknown smell, and you have to try and find the source. *lol*
Hope you had a great vacation!!!
Oh I hear you on that one... hate the whole unpacking the bags thing... getting back to real life etc... look forward to reading all about it.
I make the husband search. Because I seriously can't find the source of smells. That's at least one good thing about my sensory issues. LOL. Looking forward to seeing some trip photos and hearing the highlights.
Post a Comment