Monday, February 23, 2009

Life is kicking my rear!

Who else feels like it's full steam ahead lately? I've not slowed down, the kids have not slowed down, and the house? well, it's taking the entire family to stay on top of the daily maintenance. Either that or some VERY long chats with friends on the phone to keep me on task and off the computer. ;)

But I wanted to preserve a few "cute moments" in recent history for our family.

From Katie, when I put her down for a nap in her crib.

"Help! Hey-yelp! I need....nooodles!"

That goes along with me painting her fingernails pink.

"Momma wan' PAY-aink."

Yes, internet peeps, pink is now fully a two syllable word in our house. ;)

Dh and I were watching the Amazing Race (internet streaming is still going great here), and the kids like to sneak and watch the shows with us. In our old house it was EASY for them to sneak and watch them as they'd sit in the hall and peer off the loft into the great room and watch. This house? it's not that easy. We were in the game room with the door shut (Samuel LOVES the Amazing Race). We got to the part where the cheese was rolling down the hill, and we were rolling with laughter as well. A few minutes later we heard a noise outside the door. I looked at Dh and he looked at me, we kept the show on and I got up and yanked open the door. Samuel basically "fell into the room" and he said, "I can still hear it through the door!" Yeah kid, you probably could with your ear plastered up against the door!

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

SO funny! Although, I am terribly jealous that she can say pay-ink. Because I would love to say pay-ink. I USED TO say pay-ink.

Jboo said...

Funny!! The cheese event was hysterical!! LOVE that show!

Janet

Elizabeth Channel said...

Yep. We've got two-syllable pink over here, too : )

Cheri said...

LOL I LOVE the pay-iank! It sounds even cutier when you HEAR it from her.